As a licensed Deutsche Bahn agency, you have full access to the timetables and fares of Deutsche Bahn AG and other European railways.
This allows you to offer your customers tailor-made solutions for rail travel to and inside Germany and other European countries.
All DB agencies have access to our timetable information and all available fare rates. You'll be able to issue regional and long-distance rail tickets as well as other tickets and manage these bookings. Further products include reservation of seats, couchettes and sleeper berths.
Tickets can be issued instantly using a laser printer or the ticket deposit function at a travel agency or DB ticket-vending machine (Bahn-Tix). Certain online-enabled DB tickets can also be e-mailed directly to the customer as a PDF (DB online tickets).
You use a DB-certified Global Distribution System (GDS), viz. AMADEUS, GALILEO or Sabre, with laser printer. (The brands of laser printer that can be used to print tickets depend on the GDS that you use. Please contact your GDS provider for further information.)
You provide security
- either in the form of a bank guarantee, if possible from a bank domiciled in Germany,
- or as a deposit in a Deutsche Bahn bank account, amounting to 8% of your annual sales, but a minimum of 10,000 EUR.
You have an established customer base or a convincing business concept with a minimum sales forecast of 25,000 EUR for rail products per full calendar year.
- to have the employees who will be entrusted with the sale of rail products trained in ticketing by your GDS provider, and
- after obtaining the DB licence, to indicate that your agency is a licensed DB agency by prominent and permanent display of exterior advertising in accordance with the specifications of DB.
If you meet the conditions for issue of a DB licence, you will be asked to enter into an Agency Agreement. You can request a specimen Agency Agreement and the currently applicable Terms and Conditions by contacting us.
- access to our timetable information and all available fare rates
- Booking and management of your sales via the GDS of your choice
- Attractive commission
- Access to all domestic and international DB rail services
- Enhancement of your product portfolio by adding European rail products
- Access to a number of DB advertising materials